News & Media
Latrobe Community Health Service opens new COVID-19 testing site in Moe
The new site, located at the carpark of Moe Kmart, is a significant boost to the Latrobe Valley’s coronavirus resources.
“In recent weeks, we’ve seen a substantial uptake in the amount of testing being conducted across the region, and we thank the community for being so vigilant,” Integrated Primary Health Services (West) Manager Karen Pettifer said.
“Latrobe Community Health Service has been part of this community for a very long time, and we’re pleased our dedicated workforce can play its part in the response to the coronavirus crisis.”
- The drive-through testing site will open every Tuesday and Thursday from 9am until 11am.
- No appointments are necessary.
- All testing is FREE. If you have a Medicare card, you should bring it – but if you don’t and you have COVID-19 symptoms we will still test you.
- We are only testing people with symptoms or who have been requested to get tested, according to DHHS guidelines.
- Children under 12 cannot be tested.
- Cars must enter from Bell Street, Moe, and exit onto Albert Street.
“Bolstering our resources to fight the virus takes a whole-of-community effort, and we thank Kmart for offering their land so we can run this additional testing facility,” Ms Pettifer said.
People with COVID-19 may experience fever, shortness of breath and flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue. If you experience any symptoms, get tested.
Call the 24-hour coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit the DHHS website to find out where your nearest testing clinic is.