Complaints and compliments
We value your feedback - it helps us improve our services
You can expect
- your privacy to be protected
- to be listened to with respect
- to have someone represent you with your complaint if you wish and consent
- to have your cultural and communication needs included
- to be actively involved in the process and be asked how you would like to have your concern resolved
- to be kept informed of the progress of your complaint
- not to be charged to make a complaint. It is free.
- to receive correspondence from us explaining the resolution of your complaint and our reasons for those decision/s
- to be informed of how you can request a review of our decision/s.
How to make a complaint
You can make a complaint using any of the following methods:
- Fill out our online form
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 1800 242 696
- Come in to one of our offices and talk to any of our staff
- Download a print version of our feedback form
- Send a letter, free of charge, to:
Reply Paid 960
MORWELL VIC 3840
For NDIS participants
If your complaint is about our Local Area Coordination or Early Childhood Early Intervention services, then please contact Latrobe Community Health Service (LCHS) using the contact details above.
If your complaint is about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) itself, or about a decision made by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), please contact the NDIA:
- Visit the feedback and complaints section of the NDIS website
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 1800 800 110
Do you need further assistance?
Please let us know if you need information:
- in another language
- an interpreter or translation service
- the national relay service
- other support to assist you in making a complaint.
Our complaints process
- We will acknowledge that we’ve received your complaint within 2 working days.
- A senior staff member will contact you to learn more about your concerns.
- Your complaint may need to be investigated. This may include talking to other people involved. We will need your consent to do this.
- We will attempt to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
- We will inform you of the outcome of your complaint and the reasons for our decision/s. We aim to resolve your issues within 30 working days.
- We will let you know how you can seek an internal review or external review of our decision if you’re not happy with the outcome.
Are you providing feedback for someone else?
We would like to hear from you. We accept all feedback about our services. However, we can only investigate your feedback and share information with the consent of our client, so we will:
- Contact you and check it is ok for us to contact the client you’ve provided the feedback for
- We’ll ask our client for their consent to look into your feedback
Not satisfied with our response or process?
You can contact the relevant Commissioner or Ombudsman and ask them to review our response.
Health Complaints Commissioner
1300 582 113
Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
1300 419 495
Department of Health and Human Services
1300 884 706
Mental Health Complaints Commissioner
1800 246 054
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
1800 951 822
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
1800 035 544