Simplifying daily tasks
Occupational therapists assist people who are frail, aged or have a disability to maintain maximum independence, live in their home safely and participate in everyday activities.
Occupational therapy can assist you with:
- recommendations for equipment or modifications to simplify tasks such as showering, dressing or preparing meals
- strategies or education to prevent falls, make life easier when you have arthritis or limited mobility, or difficulty remembering things
- home modifications if you have limited mobility or need to use a wheelchair
- prescribing wheelchairs, including pressure care
- applying for funding assistance for equipment or home modifications.
Occupational therapists will often need to come to your home to assist you.
Find out the cost and eligibility criteria.
Public occupational therapy services are available to people who work, live or study in Latrobe City. We prioritise our services for people on low-medium incomes and holders of concession cards.
Private occupational therapy services are available for people with allied health MBS referrals, eligible DVA referrals and those with private health insurance.
Claims under TAC and WorkCover are not eligible
Concession card holders
- $17.50 per consult
Non-concession card holders
- $29.50 per consult
$109.50 per hour. Initial consultations are usually 45 minutes and standard consultations 30 minutes. Complex consultations may take longer.
Phone Latrobe Community Health Service on 1800 242 696 to discuss your situation.