LCHS Community Investment Program
Latrobe Community Health Service (LCHS) Community Investment Program is a $25,000 fund established to fund eligible community projects and services in the Latrobe Valley that do not attract funding from any other source.
Overview & objectives of the program
The specific focus of the 2022 grants program will be community projects and services that respond to the increasing rates of food insecurity throughout Latrobe Valley by supporting the aim and objectives of the Latrobe Food Security Coalition.
The 2022 LCHS Community Investment Program will provide access to micro-grants of between $500-$2,000 for community groups and services to undertake projects that increase access to, availability and consumption of fresh, nutritious food for those who live, work and play in the Latrobe Valley. The key objectives include:
- Improve access to, and efficiency of food relief services across Latrobe Valley
- Increase healthy food preferences and food literacy skills within Latrobe Valley
- Support local food production and a sustainable food economy
- Improve community engagement and support capacity building initiatives.
- Applications open: Monday 24 January 2022
- Applications close: Sunday 20 February 2022
- Successful applications announced: 29 April 2022
- Project commencement: from 1 July 2022
- Project completion: by 30 June 2023 at the latest.